
Here's a list of "green" habits I do and "non-green" habits I am hoping to break!
GREEN DOs
Recycle all my glass, plastic, and cardboard
Use my bicycle, walk, car pool or take public transportation everywhere I go!
Buy 95% of my clothing, housewares, home decor, fabric, etc. second hand
Wear very few beauty products and purchase the products I do use from eco-friendly/socially conscious companies
Always turn off my lights when not in use!
Use energy efficient light bulbs!
Monitor leaky faucets
Re-use plastic bags and use homemade cloth bags for shopping, etc.
Use re-usable wet/dry bag for the rags I use for work
Refuse to ride with friends who own gas guzzling vehicles!
Live as a minimalist - I use what I need and donate what I don't use!
Use eco-friendly cleaning solutions
Use an apartment sized compost and I have it picked up bi-weekly!*We actually have 3 companies in Victoria, BC that will pick up your compost for you and bring it to a local composting site
Compost Pick-up 1
Compost Pick-up 2
My Compost Pick-up!
NON-GREEN HABITS TO BREAK!
Take longer showers than I truly need!
Live in a less than eco-friendly apartment building!
Do not have a garden or plants growing in my home!
Buy products that are not manufactured by eco-friendly, socially conscious companies!
Some of my clients choose not to use eco-friendly products - I am trying to convince them otherwise!What's your GREEN HABIT list look like? Please post it in your comments if you wish!




No comments:
Post a Comment